Thursday, October 18, 2018

Training Evangelistic Kids #1: Kiddie "Business" Cards



My main focus as a mother is to set my children on a path toward Heaven. In turn, I want them to be beacons of light, leading hearts around them to Christ. This year my husband and I determined to emphasize the importance of personal evangelism in our home. Our highest goal as parents is to train our children in the ways of the Lord and equip them to teach others the Gospel. In this series of Training Evangelistic Kids we’ll share some ideas we’ve used to begin raising children who are comfortable sharing their faith. We certainly aren’t experts in this area. We’re learning as we go, and we’d love to hear your ideas as well!



T.E.K. Tip #1: Kiddie “Business” Cards

One of my favorite ways of teaching our children to be evangelistic is to let them carry their very own “business cards.” I got this idea from my sister-in-law. Several years ago she posted a picture of the business cards that their family hands out to invite people to worship. She talked about how much her kids love handing these out to waitresses and cashiers, and I thought it was a fantastic idea!

When my husband ordered a new batch of business cards for the church from Vista Print, I threw in an order of these kiddie cards for the munchkins of the congregation. I ordered 100 cards for $20 (not including shipping). For 20 cents a card, the kids have their very own invitation to hand out to friends and strangers alike. Not a bad deal.

They don’t have any personal information on them, just information about where and when the church meets. The quality is great, with plenty of room for information about your congregation on both the front and back. I like the bright colors and cute kids on this one, but Vista Print also has several other designs that would be appropriate for a child’s business/invitation card.

Now each time we go to the grocery store the kids take turns being the one to hand their invitation to the cashier. (We’re working on words to say along with it rather than just shoving a card in someone’s face ;-). When we go door knocking the boys pass these cards out to any kids they see along the way. We’ve also passed them out in crowds waiting to watch parades in town.



These cards have been a great way to teach the kids how to begin conversations about Christ and invite people to worship. My second son feels a great responsibility to tell people about where we attend, and even asks for cards to hand to visitors after services to invite them back. It gives the kids a sense of involvement, and they are so excited to be part of spreading the Good News in our town.

What are some ways you train your kids to be evangelistically minded?

No comments:

Post a Comment