Friday, October 26, 2018

Talking Business with Kylie Johnson of Usborne Books & More

Last week we featured Kylie Johnson's home business with Usborne Books & More. Today Kylie is going to share some of her family's favorite books and where you can order some GREAT Christmas gifts!

Hi, Kylie! Thanks for sharing your morning with us!
1. Tell us about yourself!
I am the wife of my best friend Jeff. We have 4 precious princesses ages 14, 5, 4 1/2, and 2. We are a homeschooling family and live on a very mini farm.

2. What drove you to pursue a home business?

I started looking at a home business as a way to make a little bit of extra money to help cover the cost of some extras we liked to be able to do.

3. Why did you decide to work with Usborne Books in particular?

I looked at several companies but kept coming back to Usborne. For me it was my love of books and the fact I knew I could use them in our homeschool. It was also a company I knew about from past experiences.

4. What kinds of books does Usborne offer?

Usborne Books & More offers books for all ages. From baby board books to books even my 14 year old reads and rereads! We offer picture books, learning to read readers, chapter books on all levels, fiction and non-fiction. We also have a wide variety of activity books that includes coloring from beginner to adult. Sticker books, wipe clean (using dry erase market or crayon) books. Some of our interactive books include the Shine-a-Light series, lift flap books, touch and feel, and look to find books.

5. What's your favorite book from Usborne?

My 2 year old ( like her sisters before her) loves the That's Not My series. My 14 year old likes the encyclopedia books and is rereading (for the second or third time!) one of the chapter book series for teens. My toddlers really like to use their flashlights with the Shine-a-Light books. These are just a few if our favorites at the moment.

6. My kids love Usborne's "Big Book of Big Trains." It's full of fun facts and beautiful fold-out pages. What other do your kids love?

The "Big Book of" books are great books. We have the train one you mentioned too, We also like the hardback first reader non-fiction series. They have beautiful pictures and easy to comprehend text. The encyclopedia books are a great educational resource as well.


7. More and more parents are following the gift-giving guide "Something they want. Something they need. Something to wear. Something to read." Usborne is a great place to find a book to check off that list. What are your favorite books to give as gifts?
For the baby toddler age I love the That's Not My series. For older toddler and preschool I like our lift flap books. I love to give some of the Beginner's series I mentioned before. For older readers I like to give our chapter books. The activity books also make good gifts. When I give a Shine a Light book I like to include a mini flashlight with it.

That's a really cute idea!

8. So, how can my readers place an order?

To place an order your readers can go to my website or they message, email, text me and I can help them.

9. Do you have a Facebook page where we can stay up-to-date on your business?

I do have a Facebook page that I am working to keep updated: Kylie Johnson-Usborne Books & More Consultant.

Thanks so much, Kylie!

I'm impressed by the quality and variety of books Usborne offers. The activity books would make especially good stocking stuffers! If you're looking for a gift to satisfy that "something to read" need, get in touch with Kylie on her Facebook page or at jkfamilybusiness@yahoo.com!

P.S. Keep checking back here at the Beautiful Chaos blog - Kylie's got some other great businesses you want to know about!

[Disclosure: This post is part of a series that received compensation, but the opinions I expressed are my own! We love Usborne books in our house and you will, too!]

Are you a stay-at-home mom with a home business you'd like to see featured on the Beautiful Chaos blog? Send me a message at servingfromhome@gmail.com! And don't forget to subscribe!



No comments:

Post a Comment