Friday, October 12, 2012

Welcome to My Blog!

Hey there! I've been wanting to start a blog for a long time and am finally getting around to it. 

First, a little bit about myself......

1) I am a Bible believing Christian, first and foremost. I believe that the Bible is God's holy, inspired Word. I live my life striving to please Christ by obeying His commands as recorded for us in Scripture. There is no greater joy in my life than sharing the Gospel with others. If you'd like to know more, I'd love to discuss my beliefs with you!

2) July 9, 2011 I became the wife of the most wonderful man in the world! We courted for one month before he proposed and we tied the knot a little over three months later. I am still very much a newlywed and in the "honeymoon stage" of marriage (where we plan to stay till death do us part) so the wisdom and experience I have to share in this area is rather limited. Nonetheless, I'd like to share some of the things I've learned in the last year and a half and hopefully encourage some other young brides out there.

3) I am the mother of a beautiful baby boy, born May 5, 2012. He is sweet, funny, and totally adorable! We love him to pieces!

4) Three months after our son was born we found out we are expecting our second baby, due to arrive sometime in March 2013! Totally surprised, totally thrilled. Yeah, in just under one year I got married, had a baby, and began the whole pregnancy journey over again. Been a busy year....

5) I went from being a stay-at-home daughter to being a homemaker and stay-at-home mom. I'm one of those weirdos who has never had a job in the typical workforce. And I LOVE it. Wouldn't have it any other way.

6) I am quiet and reserved around people I don't know very well. But get me started on a topic I care about and you'll see quite a different person. Let's just say I have opinions. Strong ones. I try to keep that side of myself under control. Sometimes successfully.

7) I am not very crafty, but I'm learning to crochet. I also like to sew but didn't have a sewing machine until just this week. A dear friend blessed me with her old machine and I am so excited!

8) My husband and I are preparing to move to India for five years. We will be working with the churches in the Andhra Pradesh district and helping to build up area congregations. We also hope to teach English at a children's home there. We are so excited about the work and are extremely eager to get started! Making such a big move is a long, slow process, especially with a five month old and a baby due in March. But, Lord willing, we will be able to move sometime next year.

So, in case you didn't catch why my blog is named "Beautiful Chaos", let me recap for you. I am a young wife (a beautiful part of life, but also a bit crazy at times as I try to figure out how to best serve my husband). I am a mom (beautiful!) to a five month old (if you've ever had a five month old, you know the chaos that comes with that). We are expecting our second child in March (BEAUTIFUL!!!)... when our son will only be ten months old (Umm... chaotic? Just a bit!). I am just now coming out of the terrible morning sickness stage, which means my house has been a little neglected. Okay, it looks like a tornado decided to park in my living room and never leave. Chaos is a kind word for the state of my home right now. BUT I am a Christian on my way to Heaven (you can't get more beautiful than that), we are preparing to become missionaries in a land that desperately needs the light of Christ, and we are blessed beyond measure! Sometimes I feel like my life is totally out of control; then I realize I never really had control to begin with, and I'm just fine with that.

In coming posts I'd like to share some of the struggles and joys I've faced as I've made a quick transition from singleness to marriage to motherhood. I hope to encourage, uplift, and inspire you to live your life for Christ every moment of every day. May God bless you in your walk with Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment