Saturday, December 15, 2018

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things: Norwex + Savings!

 

I am a big fan of the products we're introducing today! As I've become increasingly aware of the damage caused by common household cleaners, I've chunked the mainstream methods in search of products that are safe for my family. I learned about Norwex last year, and since then it has been what I use for 90% of my cleaning. 

My friend Kylie Johnson, who also works with Usborne Books & More, is a Norwex consultant. She has been kind enough to share some information about Norwex and how you can get the most out of your order this month.


What is Norwex?

Norwex is a line of cleaning products designed to replace the chemical laden solutions that flood our homes. The company was started in 1994 by a Norwegian man who encouraged a "Cleaning without Chemicals" approach. He advocated using microfiber cloths and water to clean and protect our environment. 

The company quickly grew, and in 2007 they introduced the microfiber + microsilver technology known as BacLock. With proven success, the company expanded worldwide and has become a household name. Norwex is so well-known because it works so well!


What's special about Norwex?

The Norwex cloth:

  • Removes up to 99% of bacteria from a surface when following proper use and care
  • Contains BacLock® an antibacterial agent for self-cleansing purposes only
  • Helps eliminate the need for paper towels and chemical laden cleaners
  • Significantly reduces the use of costly cleaning products
  • Ultra-thick and absorbent to pick-up and hold more dust, dirt and debris than other cleaning cloths
  • Holds several times its weight in water
  • Made of more than 10 million feet of microfiber for more effective cleaning power
Microfiber cloths pick up dust and germs so well that you can even clean toilets with just the cloth and water! What's special about many of the Norwex products is that they contain microsilver, a natural agent which makes the cloth self-cleaning and helps prevent mold and odor from growing. That may sound crazy, but I am a true believer for reasons I will explain in just a moment.


What products does Norwex offer?

Norwex has every sort of cleaning cloth you could possibly need. My personal collection includes several EnviroCloths, a dust mit, a couple of window cloths, kitchen towels, netted dishcloths, body cloths, and the Spirisponge.

They also offer personal care items, products for your pets, and all kinds of things for kids. Their kids' line is full of fun colors and smaller sizes, like the little dust mit. They are the perfect size for even my three year old's little hands to use.

I have my eye on several of their products, including their renowned mop! With tile flooring in the majority of our home, I can't wait to try out their Superior Mop System.


What else is neat about Norwex?

One of the things I love about Norwex is that, because there are no chemicals involved, I can send my kids to clean without any worry of them hurting themselves. My five and six year old boys love to use the EnviroCloths to clean the bathroom. They get to play with water, and I get a sparkling clean tub!

What's my favorite product? The kitchen towel, hands down! That towel is what really made me a believer in Norwex products, and the reason is kind of embarrassing...

With a family of 7, we have to change out our bathroom hand towels every other day or so. They tend to stay damp because someone is constantly going potty and washing/drying their hands. That makes me super happy, don't get me wrong, but the damp hand towels quickly start to smell and breed bacteria.

One day I ran out of clean hand towels, so I grabbed the Norwex kitchen towel to stick in the bathroom. What initially struck me about it was how well it dries your hands. It's thin, but it is just as (or more) absorbent than regular hand towels. The second thing I noticed was how quickly the towel itself dried. Again, being thin helps with that. The third thing I didn't notice until two weeks later... 

It doesn't stink! The BacLock microsilver technology really does help it self-clean and prevent that smelly bacteria from growing - so well that it was TWO WEEKS before I realized it had been awhile since I changed out the towel. That's two weeks of being used multiple times a day by 7 people IN THE BATHROOM! It still didn't stink, but I figured it was time to clean the bathroom and give the towel a good rinsing anyway. The only thing that made me sad at that point was that I didn't have a second kitchen towel to swap it out with. That has since changed!


Where can I learn more?

To get more information and check out their complete line of products, go to kyliejohnson.norwex.biz. There you can learn more about why Norwex works so well and decide which cloth you want to order to start your collection. There are a lot of great sales this month, which you can see by clicking any of the pictures in this post. And there's still time to order me something for Christmas. Just sayin' ;-)

Are you a stay-at-home mom with a home business you'd like to see featured on the Beautiful Chaos blog? Send me an email at servingfromhome@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment