Saturday, November 24, 2018

Talking Business with Emily Hayes, Owner of the Modest Clothing Store "The Pearly Peacock"


It's Small Business Saturday, and today we're talking with the owner of one of my favorite online stores! In this post, we introduced The Pearly Peacock, which sells trendy yet modest clothes. Today Emily is going to tell us the backstory behind how her business began.


1. Tell us about yourself, Emily!
My name is Emily Hayes. I'm a follower of Jesus, wife to a wonderful husband named Chris, and homeschooling mom to Maddox (6) and Anzley (1). I am also a 2007 graduate of Freed-Hardeman University.

2. What is "The Pearly Peacock"?
The Pearly Peacock is an online store that specializes in finding modest but fashionable clothing.

3. What led you to opening up shop?
Not long after I had my first child, I was upset because I couldn't find anything to wear. Everything seemed very immodest or not age appropriate. My sweet husband said, "You should open up a store for modest, fashionable clothing." After much talk and prayer we decided that would be a great thing to do.

4. How long have you been in business?
Five Years.

5. What's your favorite part of owning a home business?
Staying home with my children while helping women feel confident in their clothing choices.

6. Between being a wife and mother, how do you find time for The Pearly Peacock?
Sometimes it can be very overwhelming, but with the help of my husband and friends who work with me, things get done. Most of my work is done when my children are sleeping and late at night when we are watching TV.

7. How do you stock your inventory? Do you find modest pieces at several different stores, have one supplier, or sew the items yourself?
I spend hours upon hours looking for articles of clothing that are modest or can be made modest. I buy things from all over the country, so I don't use just one supplier.

8. What sizes do you carry?
We carry sizes S-3XL. Sometimes we will even have a few Junior sizes.

9. What's your price range?
We try to keep our prices very reasonable. Right now we have items ranging from $14-$54.

10. Where can my readers see your items and place an order?

I hope you've enjoyed learning about The Pearly Peacock. I definitely intend to place an order and I hope you do, too! Enter the code BLACKFRIDAY20 at checkout for 20% off!

Thanks for joining us, Emily! Keep up the good work!

[Disclosure: This post is part of a series that received compensation, but the opinions I expressed are my own]



Are you a stay-at-home mom with a home business you'd like to see featured on the Beautiful Chaos blog? Send me an email at servingfromhome@gmail.com!


No comments:

Post a Comment